Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner Scratch

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner Scratch

Not sure if this is in the right forum...

My pool is about a year old so I'm fairly new to pool issues. My golden retriever (who uses the stairs to go in and out) accidentally fell in the pool and left a scratch on the liner wall. It looks like just a scratch, not a tear.

Is there anything I need to worry about with this?

Thanks!!
    16x34 Freeform Inground Vinyl Pool / 244T Hayward Sand Filter / Gold Line Aquarite Salt System
    Polaris 380 / Cabo Tile w/ Blue Pebble Bottom Liner / Cantilever Coping / 4x8 Fiberglass Steps - For The Dog!
    Build Completed July 2012

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner Scratch

It possibly could have weakened the liner and could start to leak ... kind of depends how bad of a scratch we are talking about.

The safe option would be to preemptively put a patch over it, then again that could be overkill.

BTW, I sent you a PM.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. I can see the scratch but can barely feel it. That kind of tells me it's shallow and hopefully just cosmetic.

I'll check it out again in the morning and decide if I should patch it for peace of mind. Hopefully I'm just overreacting
    16x34 Freeform Inground Vinyl Pool / 244T Hayward Sand Filter / Gold Line Aquarite Salt System
    Polaris 380 / Cabo Tile w/ Blue Pebble Bottom Liner / Cantilever Coping / 4x8 Fiberglass Steps - For The Dog!
    Build Completed July 2012

4. Back To Top    #4

A patch could be overkill, but patch kits are relatively cheap, so why take a chance? Here's one for $10 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Hydro-8815-4-Ounc ... +patch+kit
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.