Incandescent to LED Conversion

pd417

Jan 24, 2012
I've decided to replace our one year old 500w and 100w incandescent pool and spa lights with LED's.
I have a Jandy recepticle for both. Problem is that standard replacement bulbs (i.e. J&J) won't fit, their basehits
the bottom of the recepticle and the only way to possibly make it fit is to use a socket extender and I don't want to do that.
Jandy just sells the entire lighting fixture (housing, light, cord). I don't want to to replace the entire light
and cord, way too much of a problem.

Anyone know if there are any other replacement LED lights that will fit?

I just went to Lowes and bought a regular outdoor led bulb par38 at 5k (like the crisp white color) and changed out the pool and spa light (smaller bulb) in my Pentair fixture on both pool and spa lights, put new gaskets in and haven't looked back. The pool light comes on every night for about 4 hrs and its about 19 watts vrs 500watts. Lowes was selling the 1400 lumens for $25 if I remember.
Figured if the led overheated it will start blinking or fail premature but it's been solid for about half a year now.

Interesting, I never thought of using a standard LED bulb.
Since our pool is drained (just had Pebble Sheen installed),
I have easy access to both our pool and spa lights.
I'll give it a try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.