The Big Dig

Sep 8, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hello,

Our inground salt water pool project is underway. It has been roughly a year in the planning stage. We are very excited (and a little nervous!). We are about a week into the project - I am reading and studying the pool school and other resources on this forum. The weather here in Southern Ontario has been brutal this spring and summer. We're hoping for some dry weather soon!

I thought I would introduce myself as I am sure I will have some questions, concerns and stories to share.

Cheers,
Kevin

Hello,

I'm struggling a little with the search capabilities on the site. Could I ask a couple of basic questions?

1) Does the pool calculator work for SWG pools?
2) I understand that TFP cannot ship test kits to Canada - I will find an online retailer or Canadian distributor
3) I'm a spreadsheet jockey - do people log test results and check for trends, seasonality and keep track of solutions - this only makes sense, no?

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevandra said:
Hello,

I'm struggling a little with the search capabilities on the site. Could I ask a couple of basic questions?

1) Does the pool calculator work for SWG pools?
2) I understand that TFP cannot ship test kits to Canada - I will find an online retailer or Canadian distributor
3) I'm a spreadsheet jockey - do people log test results and check for trends, seasonality and keep track of solutions - this only makes sense, no?

Thanks,
Kevin

Yes it works for SWG pools
Yes people make spreadsheets!

1. It sure does. It works for all types of pools. And spa's too. :)
2. You'll have to settle for the K-2006 there. Or have have one shipped to a US location and pick it up there.
3. Absolutely! By searching for pool log you'll find that several of us have created spreadsheets for logging the test results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kevandra said:
I have two years worth of data in a spreadsheet. I record one day's test results per week along with water temperature, any water additions, backwashes, and basic weather data for the week. The trend information is quite valuable and it will allow you to quickly become familiar with your pool's chemistry and tendencies.