Doughboy pool and slurry

May 7, 2013
Lathrop, CA
Hi,

I was wondering if there's anyone on this forum who's sunk a doughboy AGP and sealed the sides with plastic or roofing tar as I've heard of some people doing before they backfilled with the slurry mixture.. I have read it depends on your soil as to if you need to worry about corrosion of the pool walls but not sure if my soil is that acidic or not.. I am really not sure if we should or should not put plastic around the sides or paint with roofing tar before we backfill or not.. Pool is being installed by a licensed contractor but he does not do the slurry portion of the installation and since it's being installed next Tuesday I was hoping to get input from someone who's done it with or without and given me some good reasons to do it or not (protect the walls of the pool that is..) Thank you!!
Dani
Doughboy 16 x 32 Copper Canyon, will be 4' shallow and 7' deep end once installed!

I would call Lynn or Julie at Backyard Pools in Citrus Heights, CA and ask them. I would only ask these two people as most of the others there will likely ask them anyway. They are dealers with at least 30 years experience in burying DB pools. They are DB owners themselves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.