I help my FIL out with his pool every year. We usually open a swamp and using the Pool School shocking process, i am able to get him sparkling clear within a week or so. However, every year my 83 YO FIL has trouble keep up his FC to prevent algae. Of course then, I need to do the shocking process again for him. Repeat this several times a season.
So, my question is, even though i know Algecides are frowned upon here, would there be any benefit in his case to use as a preventative should he let his FC dip for a day or so? I'm at my wits end trying to keep his pool clean (and he is using up all my TF-100 chems
What about phosphate removers? Would that help?
I just know at his age, he can easily forget to add his chlorine for just one day and as we know, that can make all the difference.