Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I've read some good reviews on this product. A question somewhat related.... I have a dedicated pressure line/booster pump for my retired pressure side cleaner. I was thinking of piping that directly into other return line and using it as the supply for a PoolSkim. This is piped with much smaller pipe (1" I think), will this make the Poolskim work better because it will likely be higher velocity? The return is in a good spot for a secondary skimmer (opposite the main skimmer and downwind).

Question #2. Can you buy 90 degree fittings that will connect to existing returns (instead of ball joints)? I can only direct the return water at about 45 degrees. I think if all could be set at 90 degrees, the water would rotate all the crud to the skimmer much faster.

I love my PoolSkim (and need to finish up my thread) but one issue I see is that the PoolSkim is made in South Africa with 50 MM metric fittings. You may have to make some custom fittings to adapt. The PS attaches to the return fitting using an adapter fitting that threads onto the return fitting.

The adapter to the PS is a US return fitting faceplate (1.75 inch) glued to a male 50MM union tail piece.

As for velocity, my pump puts so much water into the PS that it spun on the fitting and I needed to tighten the fitting. The suction created by the PS can be huge. I am looking to add a fitting to control/manage the flow into the PS.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.