Chlorine Feeder, Pool Post Caps

Gplev

Jun 23, 2013
What is the general concensus on an automatic chlorine feeder for an above ground pool. Currently I use the floating device with a tablet and occasionally forget to put a tablet in at night.

Also,
I have a figure 8 pool with two posts in the middle. the pool came with the house when I bought and I noticed the previous occupant used some very generic sode bottles to cover the posts. I have searched online for Pool Post Caps, Pool Caps, etc but cant really seem to find anything related to them. Is there a different name for these?

There are several ways to automatically chlorinate your pool. I have an injection pump. There are also swg's. Liqidators, and the manual method of pouring it in. You'll get in trouble fast if you use tablets.

Can you post pictures of what you're looking at? Someone may be able to identify them.

I have not heard of the posts. Can you take photo of them? I am intrigued

As for the "automated" process. At my house, I am the automation so I pour in my bleach each night (and morning after when I forget). Some user here have a Salt Water Generator and others us Liquidators and Injection pumps.

I highly recommend NOT using the floats for everyday maintenance as the solid forms of Chlorine also add stabilizer to your pool and make it harder to manage later in the summer due to high CYA stabilizer levels.

See the PoolSchool link above for more info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.