Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool

Hi. Have a new Intex 18' X 48" with 6400 gallons. Have a couple of questions:

1. Got my water tested and the Phosphate level was 500. The store told me to add 14 oz PHOSFree to the skimmer. When I told them I did not have a skimmer they told me not to add it. Am I supposed to let the phosphate level stay the same or rise or is there another way to add it?

2. Is there a skimmer for the ultra pool? I have one from last years metal frame pool but it won't fit this years. Is there an adaption kit or is there a way to make this work?

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW MO

Re: New Pool

Don't worry about phosphate levels, it's just a way for the pool stores to take your money. Check out pool school in the upper right corner.

Not sure about the skimmer, I know some have added regular skimmers to the ultra. Someone will be along to address it I'm sure.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

3. Back To Top    #3

Howell, NJ

Re: New Pool

Like was said, don't worry about the phosphates. Take the money you saved on phosphate remover, and spend it on a good test kit, which is linked to in my signature.
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.