Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: U-3 Skimmer Attachment?

1. Back To Top    #1

Barto, PA

U-3 Skimmer Attachment?

Et all;

I've pretty well replaced anything non-functioning on my pool this year and I'm just getting to the two skimmers. I have found the replacement weirs online #08650-0022. I have two questions since mine are long gone. 1. Should I go with the original hinge design and if so can someone tell me how the hinge is attached? It almost looks like their were plastic rivets holding the hinge on. 2. I recall seeing a video somewhere showing a spring loaded replacement weir that just snaps in? IS this a better design or just a gimmick?
    35k gal, IG plaster, 1.5 Pentair WhisperFlo
    Sta-Rite System3 300 sqft filter w/3 cartridge conversion
    Dolphin Z5 Robot, Hasa Liquidator
    Vintage Master Pool 18'x45'

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: U-3 Skimmer Attachment?

I would go with the hinged weir if the spot where the weir attaches if free of excess plaster, which can sometimes interfere with the weir's installation. The lower section of the weir slips behind two plastic retainer pieces and is secured in place with a screw (37207-0825 Screw, #8x3/ 8" Pan Head) in the center hole.

The lower section of the old weir might be still be in the skimmer. Remove the center screw and slide the piece straight up to get it out. ... er-216.htm ... rs-185.htm ... -gate.html

If the original type weir won't fit, then a spring-loaded type should work.