I am new to pools but am a handy guy. I would love to save some $$ and repair my pool myself, I just want to make sure I do it right.
When we bought our house and opened the pool, there was a small void in the bottom of the liner. It popped and the pool lost all of its water. Where the pool water rushed out is now about a 3' x 5' pit. It is just beneath one of the pool supports.
My questions are these:
1. How should I fill the hole to make sure the void doesn't happen again?
2. Can the pool support just rest on the ground/sand, with the concrete footer that is already there?
3. Does it matter what kind of liner I get?
4. Should I just hire someone I trust, because I know a pool guy I can trust. I am just trying to save some cash.
5. If I need sand, where is the cheapest place to buy it?
Thanks all for the help. My main goal is to do it right at the cheapest price. I don't want to end up here again in a few years.