Can't find sand anywhere

HDRockerCgirl

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2013
NJ
I am very frustrated! I've had my pool since 6/7/13. Finally got ground level, put it up (3 1/2 weeks & $2k later) to find it leaking. Drained it, took it down, couldn't find a hole, a week later (waiting for replacement) find that it may not have been a leak! There was a sprinkler head buried! Ok, so now new pool is here ready to put it up, can't find sand anywhere! Ace says they have it at warehouse but will take 3-8 days to get to the store! Or I'd have to pay $137 to ship it with 9 bags of salt. Which I can get at Walmart. Btw, I got my pool at Walmart.com. They were awesome, sending me a new one, and sending UPS pick up old one. Plus my pool was on sale this time and got $500 back. I just wish it was that easy to find salt and sand! I'm ready to swim!

Re: Best place to get sand for sand filter?

Pool store? What cities are you near? Maybe someone on here can help you if they are in your area. Is the sand for a filter? Where did the previous sand go?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Yes for filter, it didnt come with sand, I never got that far with first pool. We thought it was leaking at about 14 inches deep. I live in Egg Harbor township, close to Atlantic City, Ocean City, Somers Point, Mays Landing.

For sand Home Depot should have pool sand much cheaper. For salt, don't waste money buying "Pool Salt". It's the same as 99.7 % water softener salt which I can buy at my local grocery store, Frys (Kroger) for $3.47 per 40lb. I just bought 400lb. Pool salt is just ground a bit finer to make it disolve faster.

That's what Ace was going to do but it takes 3-8 days and they don't tell you how long until after you place the order. I just canceled the order hoping to find it elsewhere.

With Lowes / HD did you check in the pool department, often located in the garden center? If you called and were transferred to the building materials department they might not know to check elsewhere in the store (left and and right hand not knowing what each other are doing).

Ike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hmmm, you'd think that would come up for me 2 days ago when I googled it. I only found 3 pool stores. But I am sure either one will have it. They just don't show online that they sell it. Thank you all for your help.

I love TFP! Everyone is so helpful to us newbies!

Thanks
Barb

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.