Question regarding tap water chlorine levels

poolmama67

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2012
Arkansas
Ok. I went to my friend's house to check her pool water. She turned on the tap water and the chlorine smell was unreal. I checked the chlorine levels of her tap water and these were the results:
FC-10
CC-0

I researched an acceptable level of chlorine for human water consumption and it maxed out at 4 ppm. When we called the water tech guy who maintains the levels, I was told by him, "The CC level is always high than the FC level."

Am I confused?
:?:

Many water companies use monochloramine, which is a combined chlorine, instead of chlorine, to sanitize drinking water. Monochloramine is fairly harmless, and not easily noticed as a smell. How that answers your question, or justifies an FC level of 10, is beyond me.

It does not explain it and I bet he got someone on that Chlorine injection rate asap. We have a high limit of 5.0 FC for drinking water in Texas. Minimum is 0.5 PPM. No matter what 10.0 PPM FC is way over any standard limit in the US.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.