Vacuum options for 14' intex ultra

Jul 4, 2013
I snagged some chemicals at a local store, and they suggested a hand powered floor cleaner/skimmer for $46. It's terrible. I'm going to take it back, but fear they will only give me store credit.

Is there a way to attach a simple hose and vacuum head to the intex system? I have young kids, so gunk will be a plenty.

I'd like to go the least expensive route that will yield workable results. But, if I need a better pump and modifying the walls will be needed on down the line, then I'm open to that, just not now. Leveling the pool cost WAY more than I thought.

I use a pool vac hose I bought at walmart and use the same adapter I used for the skimmer. I had to tape it to get it to stay on but it works great. There's a plastic strainer that kept getting clogged. I was able to pop the strainer out with a flat head screw driver. Now I don't get clogged ever 3 seconds.
I've seen a thread where the person used some sort of bottle ahead of the strainer to keep it from getting clogged. If I find said thread I will post a link.

peripatew said:
My Ultra didn't come with a strainer, so I'm not sure where I'd connect the hose at?

Well you can't fill the pool without a strainer so getting one is a given. When you do get it, you simply unscrew the strainer cover to expose the male threads. Then, screw on the Intex female hose adapter made for connecting the vacuum.

They look like this:

Standard strainer:
518LjA698WL._SX342_.jpg

Vacuum Adapter:
31cg7hLELNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You don't need to have a skimmer to connect these. But if you do, the Intex skimmer uses the same adapter to connect to the strainer.

Here is a kit you can buy on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Pool-Maintent...d=1373484021&sr=1-2&keywords=intex+vacuum+kit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.