Lifeproof phone cases

Mar 30, 2013
Is anyone using a Lifeproof phone case? How well does it work? Can you actually take under water pics and videos like they say? I just want the added protection just in case it were to get splashed but if it can be used for other things that would be great.

I have 2, one for my old 4, and one on my new 5. When you buy it, assemble it without phone and test it for a couple hours, if dry then it's good. I trusted mine enough to take my phone under water a few feet. Lifeproof used to not guarentee anything, with my recent sign up with Verizon, i got new phone and with verizon lifeproof offers a 1 year repair or replace from water damage.

Non apple chargeres may not fit through the case on a iphone 4.

I have one. Love the fit and quality. But on calls people kept saying they couldn't hear me well. I would flip open the charging port door for it to sound a little better, but never fixed the mic issues. It's currently on the shelf. I'll put it on if I take my boat out or sit out by the pool, but for daily use it's a bit much. I wouldn't trust it so submerge my phone though- too many potential areas to leak. But if I do drop it, it "should" be protected. Also you can't use headphones on the iphone5 without the adaptor pigtail.

My son is in the military and he purchased one and he loves it. He is home now on leave and was in our pool taking video under water as well as playing music while under water. When he was playing music, a friend of ours was here and he dove under and could hear the music. So in fact, they are Lifeproof.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.