Shock time?

Thesil

Jun 24, 2013
Northern NJ
Hi I am new to the forum and just started the BBB method. Today I needed to add sine baking soda to bring my level up to 100. I am using new water cycler until I run out of it and then I will start with bleach. I noticed some green spots on the bottom of my vinyl and on the metal handrails. I need to shock, I suppose is day or night better

Shocking is a process that can take several days, even weeks. I would say that starting at night is better because you know that all your FC is being used for killing the algae, but the hourly FC checks and bleach additions might be more difficult during the night. Keep in mind you'll need to hold the shock level, not just a single addition, and it'll drop fast at the first few additions.

Read up on the shock process. It would be better if you wait until you return.
pool-school/shocking_your_pool

Between now and then, get a full set of test results and post the numbers up. Also please tell us as much about your equipment as possible.

You are also going to need a quality test kit with a FAS/DPD chlorine test to perform this process. The TF-100 is the one we recommend around here.
http://tftestkits.net/Test-Kits-c4/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.