Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Sand Filter and SWG bypass

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Sand Filter and SWG bypass

Hello
    Can anyone help me with the problem I have. Maybe somebody come up with solution.
    My sand filter and swg start to run at 8pm. Sometimes I would like to use the pump to clean my pool. But when I do it I need to wait till 8pm and then start the timers again on sand filter and SWG. Is there a way to bypass that so I can use the pump during the day and it will still start normally at 8pm? I do not want to clean my pool with my SWG running.
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Sand Filter and SWG bypass

Not a built in way that I've ever figured out, if you do anything with the switch on the intex pump you've just then reset its cycle. From everything I've read here you'll have to cut the gfci off the pump cord and use a regular electrical timer to automate the pump. (you'll need to figure out a gfci solution ahead of the timer too whether that's putting the intex gfci before the timer or otherwise.) Doing that you could leave the swg's cord unmodified to run on its own internal timer, dont ever need to mess with its switch if you want it to come on the same time each day and you know the pump will be on.

Why not just set the swg + pump to come on before you normally vacuum and run it while vacuuming? Mine runs just fine while vacuuming, doesn't slow the flow too much and I have the same pump, swcg, pool and probably vacuum as you.
    ------------------------------------
    18' Summer escapes with original skimmer + intex pump + intex sand filter w/ Zeolite, Intex SWG. 1x ecosaver 50sqft solar panel with dedicated pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex Sand Filter and SWG bypass

I might think about it
    30'x54" Quest Above Ground Round Pool , About 21,000 Gallons , Hayward Perflex EC50 D.E. Filter System 1.5HP Power-Flo Pump , TF-100 Test Kit , Two Hayward Main Drains on the Bottom , Hayward CL200 In-Line Above-Ground Chlorinator.
    77"x77"x21.5" Hot Tub