Question about Liquidator

Hawk

Aug 9, 2011
Southern California
I did a search and never found an answer. I'm thinking of adding the 8 gallon size, but not sure if my pool is too big as mentioned in another thread?

What happens to the heavier chemical salts that remain in the bottom of the Liquidator tank? Do they build up over time? I've read a bit about them and a couple videos, yet no one says what happens to them other than they do not go into your pool.

In most pools and spas that are sanitized with liquid chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite), the liquid is poured directly into the water or pumped in using a chemical feed pump. This provides the chlorine necessary for sanitation, but it also introduces additional chemical salts that drive the pH up and contributes to the build up of dissolved solids...

The heavier chemical salts remain in the bottom of the tank, while the chlorinated water is drawn into the pool for sanitation, because tmost of the potentially corrosive salts remain in the tank, the unit can be safely plumbed into the suction side of the pool equipment.

Bama Rambler said:
I never saw any buildup on the bottom of mine, but any buildup would get cleaned out at the end of the season.
I don't think there's nearly as much salts as the mfgs made out like there were.

This is what I'm asking about. How is it getting cleaned out at the end of the season? Pumping it all back into the pool? I wouldn't think so based on the fact part of it's attraction is not putting those solids in to begin with. Unless that's not a real advantage as they claim.

RobbieH said:
I never saw much of any buildup in mine either. Mine's one of those pools that's just too big to mess with using bottles of Clorox, even with a LQ though.

I don't use Clorox because my pool store sells HASA SANI-CLOR (12.5%) for about $3 per gallon. Is the Liquidator only for Clorox bleach dispensing?

At the end of season, I take the hose off the exit float of the LQ and use it to drain almost all of the super chlorinated water into my pool. Then just rinse out the unit with water or add some vinegar or very diluted MA to remove any calcium buildup.

David
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.