compu pool swg CPSC36 . tripping internal breaker

Apr 18, 2013
my 1 year old generator is tripping the 5 amp breaker located on the generator module itself. Its hot and humid outside btw. But right after start up, it does its self test of water etc, then it trips. Doesnt matter if set to 40% or super chlorinate. Just draws more than 5 amps and trips. Any suggestions.

At one year old it should still be under warranty. Don't do something to affect that.

Have you inspected the cell to see if something is shorting the blades.
Have you inspected the cell cable for nicks etc.?

Sounds like when it's doing the self test it's drawing more power than normal. I had a similar problem, tried to do the recalibration procedures, noticed the top 2 resistors on the main board panel were slightly discolored. They ended swapping out the whole unit. I'd give Compupool customer service a call.
You'll need to manually to add bleach, to keep your FC level up.

I am having the same issue with a CPSC48. Now the US office is telling me that I have to send back the unit for repair / diagnosis because parts are on backorder. I have asked them to have the retailer send me a new one, since this has been a problem since day one.

cabender said:
my 1 year old generator is tripping the 5 amp breaker located on the generator module itself. Its hot and humid outside btw. But right after start up, it does its self test of water etc, then it trips. Doesnt matter if set to 40% or super chlorinate. Just draws more than 5 amps and trips. Any suggestions.

I am having exact same issue with mine. Just purchased in May of 2012.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.