New pool owner, please help!!

Jul 7, 2013
Brampton, ON
Hi guys,

I am a first time home owner which came with a pool. I opened my pool 2 days ago and I had to top off the water up to the skimmer. Today, the pool guy came, after the water was topped, and started the pump and vacuumed again and set up everything the left. Hour later, from the edge of the border, water started to come out!!!! Along with sand and foam!!!! I don't know what's happening and I'm freaking out. I have a mini pump which I used to drain out the wAter. Now, it looks like it stopped but I need to know what just happened. I didn't notice the water level go down, so I'm not sure if my pool has a leak. There was ALOT!!!! Of water coming out and foam. Please see the pic in the link. It doesn't have much water because I drained a lot, but you can see sand and foam. Please help!!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffxprk1hydcw9 ... 0%20PM.jpg

Hi there,

I do not have a picture as I was freaking out and rushing to clear the water. I have a sand filter and there was no backwash done after the pool was opened. The backwash hose goes to my street and drains out there.

More bad news,

The water stopped coming out from that area, but I woke up this morning and notice the water level below the skimmer. Also, in the deep end of the pool, there is a lot of sand there.

Please help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.