Pentair Intellichlor IC40 - cheching remaining life

kjdo

Gold Supporter
Oct 3, 2012
Small Town Indiana
I have a Pentair Intellichlor IC (?I think it is the 40, but not sure). It is working, but I was trying to check the "life remaining" on the generator. I have only had the generator for 2 years (we are in our second year of running the pool). When I push and hold the MORE button, My lights at the bottom all run to the right, then there is nothing on. After a short time, several lights flash and then 3 lights are lit on the bottom. Initially I was thinking it has used 6,000 hours or 60% of it's life, which seems way too high. Now I am think that the lack of lights lit at the bottom initially is telling me that it has used less than 2,000 hours and it is resetting itself to an output of 60%? The explanation on Pentair's website doesn't really tell me specifically. To me, there are two times when lights flash and give a reading. ANY THOUGHTS?

In case anyone else has the same problem. I did get a response from Pentair. They said that after the bottom bar scrolls to the right, the first set of lights is the percent of life used on the SWCG. As mine is "blank" with no lights, it has less than 20% or less than 2,000 hours of use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.