Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Intellichlor IC40 - cheching remaining life

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Intellichlor IC40 - cheching remaining life

I have a Pentair Intellichlor IC (?I think it is the 40, but not sure). It is working, but I was trying to check the "life remaining" on the generator. I have only had the generator for 2 years (we are in our second year of running the pool). When I push and hold the MORE button, My lights at the bottom all run to the right, then there is nothing on. After a short time, several lights flash and then 3 lights are lit on the bottom. Initially I was thinking it has used 6,000 hours or 60% of it's life, which seems way too high. Now I am think that the lack of lights lit at the bottom initially is telling me that it has used less than 2,000 hours and it is resetting itself to an output of 60%? The explanation on Pentair's website doesn't really tell me specifically. To me, there are two times when lights flash and give a reading. ANY THOUGHTS?
    18,000 Gallons, 16 X 32, Sand Filter, IG, Vinyl Liner, SWCG, Built 2011, Opened April 2012, TFTestKits,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Intellichlor IC40 - cheching remaining life

No idea, sorry!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

In case anyone else has the same problem. I did get a response from Pentair. They said that after the bottom bar scrolls to the right, the first set of lights is the percent of life used on the SWCG. As mine is "blank" with no lights, it has less than 20% or less than 2,000 hours of use.
    18,000 Gallons, 16 X 32, Sand Filter, IG, Vinyl Liner, SWCG, Built 2011, Opened April 2012, TFTestKits,

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the update kjdo ...sounds like yours is in great shape!
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.