Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: You people broke my pool!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Northville, Mi

You people broke my pool!!!

I followed what I've learned here and did the shocking process and now I barely use any chlorine at all! My SWCG has been off for over a week!! I get zero overnight loss and most of the time no CC! It MUST be broken!! And now my pool looks like this!

[attachment=0:1djc8mz5]Night Shot.jpg[/attachment:1djc8mz5]

Seriously though - thank you everyone. I don't think I've ever personally seen a pool with water as clear as mine. It is kind of stunning how slowly the FC is coming down after shocking too. This is one clean pool! BTW, that shot is taken from my upstairs deck with my cell phone. So it's almost 20 feet from the water's surface yet you can still see the slight contours of the bottom on the shallow sides. With the naked eye, I can see stuff (stupid hickory nuts!) on the bottom of the pool from up there. It's quite awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15,400 gal, 16x32 vinyl rectangle (sport dig), Intelliflo VS, 240 sqft cartridge filter, Intellichlor IC40, Mastertemp 250, Dolphin supreme M4 cleaning, Pentair EasyTouch4

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: You people broke my pool!!!

Looks like all the water leaked out. Sorry.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

You should put water in that pool. Looks empty. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Great job!
    16' x 32' IG vinyl liner w/ hopper bottom (12,500 gal), Single-speed 1 HP Sta-Rite pump, and 300# Cristal-Flo sand filter, TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

SpringHill FL

Ha thats awesome
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

5. Back To Top    #5
    East Texas

Gotta hate it when that happens.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

SW Wisconsin

LOL....yeah..when you gonna ADD water to that nice pool??????
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

7. Back To Top    #7
    Cedar Lake,IN

10,400k, AG 21 round, 1.0HP Waterway pump cartridge filter. TF-100