Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sharing an idea, lower TA

1. Back To Top    #1

Lake Jackson, TX

Sharing an idea, lower TA

I had a problem, my TA is too high. So I made a sprinkler that ran off a spare pump I had. That pump died so I was stuck wityh a way to drive the sprinkler. My solution is to run some pvc from the waste port to the sprinkler and set the multi-valve to rinse.

The connections are all made with male/female threaded adapters so it can be broken down and stored when not in use.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25000 gal IG gunite plaster. Built in spa, built 1984.
    48 SF Hayward DE-4800 filter
    1 hp Hayward super pump
    3/4 hp Polaris PB-4 booster pump, Polaris 380
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Sharing an idea, lower TA

Looks great! Only problem I can see is your not filtering when you are doing that. It would be better if you could somehow tap into the return plumbing. What I do is take off an eyeball and put a temporary fitting (nipple usually in it's place).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.