Multiport issue?

Jun 13, 2013
Central VA
We just moved into our house a month ago. It took me 3 weeks to get the swamp swimable which was great for a week. Now we just vacuumed and backwashed and can't get the multiport to engage in filter mode. Water keeps coming out of the backwash line no matter what we do. This happened every other time we vacuumed as well but we were able to get it to stop after turning the multiport a couple times. Since I found this site after week one I have avoided the pool store but is this a time it's ok to go talk to them? My husband is a big DIY guy so after a couple you tube videos he is ready to replace it himself but I am wondering if I should let him or not.

You should remove the multiport valve and inspect the spider gasket. Cheap and easy to replace if need be. If it looks ok, you can try just lubing it. Hopefully, the valve itself is intact.

woodyp said:
You should remove the multiport valve and inspect the spider gasket. Cheap and easy to replace if need be. If it looks ok, you can try just lubing it. Hopefully, the valve itself is intact.

My husband actually did take it off tonight, figured if it's broken we couldn't hurt it anymore but could maybe see a problem. He didn't see anything that looked obviously wrong. How do you lube it, it seems to turn fine but it's like it's stripped like a screw would be, not locking into each different port.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.