Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Minimax NT does not work in remote mode

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Minimax NT does not work in remote mode

I have a Pentair Minimax NT Tsi with the Digital Display Temperature Controller (DDTC). My whole system in controlled by the Pentair Intellitouch.

Recently, the Intellitouch system is not able to fire the heater. I turn on the spa with the Intellitouch and the pump starts, the valves go to their proper configuration, but no heat. Heat mode is set, the spa temp is set to 96 degrees, and the Intellitouch display panel shows the flame icon, indicating that it thinks the heater is on. The same thing happens when I try to fire the heater from the outside service panel.

I can make the heater fire by pressing the spa button on the heater panel, but then it keeps running, even after the temp that I set on the Intellitouch is reached.

The other odd thing is that when I press the remote mode button on the heater, the LED next to it turns green, but a yellow LED also lights next to the "off" button on the heater panel.

I suspect a board failure, but am hoping it is something more simple. Any ideas?
    15,000 gallon IG pebble pool/spa | Pentair 400k BTU heater | Pentair cartridge filter | Goldline AquaRite SWG T-Cell-15
    Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump | 3 Pentair Whisperflo pumps (1-2 HP) | Hayward Aquabot | Pentair Intellitouch controls

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pentair Minimax NT does not work in remote mode

So the digital display is displaying the word off?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair Minimax NT does not work in remote mode

Problem Solved--one of the heater control wires inside the Intellitouch panel had worked its way loose. Reconnected it and all is good.

My display is almost completely non functional; almost all of the LED segments do not light, so I can get no information from that at all. It may have said "off", but not sure. It's the third display I've had.
    15,000 gallon IG pebble pool/spa | Pentair 400k BTU heater | Pentair cartridge filter | Goldline AquaRite SWG T-Cell-15
    Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump | 3 Pentair Whisperflo pumps (1-2 HP) | Hayward Aquabot | Pentair Intellitouch controls