Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Connecting 2 6ft flexible hoses

1. Back To Top    #1

Connecting 2 6ft flexible hoses

I have just built a 15x24 AGP with a Hayward 1HP Extreme Cartridge filter. How can I connect 2 flexible 6ft hoses for my pump and filter? After my deck was built to wifey's measurements, I need at least 10 ft to connect my pump and filter to the skimmer and return. My local pool store sold me flexible PVC, but when I went to the hardware store they told my flexible PVC is too rigid to clamp. I purchased 2 additional 6ft flexible hoses with a pool hose connector but the connector seems to be flimsy. Can these be clamped? HELP!!!! Kids dying to get wet!

15x24 AGP Hayward 1 HP Extreme Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mexico, MO

Re: Connecting 2 6ft flexible hoses

Flex PVC uses normal PVC glue fittings. Your hardware store is correct, clamps will not work with it.

Regular slip fittings, or threaded to slip adapters are commonly available.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Grand Rapids, Michigan

Re: Connecting 2 6ft flexible hoses sells 12'/ 1.5" hoses for 17.99, if you decide to stay with flex hoses. I buy 9 and 6 ft hoses from there. It's the best price I could find. I didn't like the idea of using a hose connecter if I didn't have to.
    17,500 gal. ABG Doughboy Pool
    1/2 HP Pump/150 sq.ft. Cartridge Filter
    TF100 Test Kit And Speedstir