Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Confer Pool Steps and Dished Bottom Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Confer Pool Steps and Dished Bottom Pool

I am about to pull the trigger and order these steps : http://www.backyardpoolsuperstore.co...FeFxQgoduEQAlg.

Before I do, has anyone used these with a dished bottom pool? For example, a rectangular intex pool or splash-a-round pool?

I know most people suggest the royal entrance steps for dished bottom pools, but it appears they have been discontinued and the few I can find are way above my price range.
    NEW POOL : 9 x 18, 48" deep - Bestway brand, 1 HP Intex 3200 Pump/Sand Filter Combo, Wanda the Whale, Hayward through wall skimmer (still in box)
    OLD POOL 5,100 Gallons, 9 x 19 used Splash a Round, Intex SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward Power Flow LX pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 150 sq. ft. filter, hard plumbed, Wanda the Whale,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Confer Pool Steps and Dished Bottom Pool

I bought one of these during winter and it's wooking good so far.I got it cheaper from another compay.I think 199.00
    It's better than the one that came with pool.
    24' AGP sandstone,12,000 gal , cricupool rj30 SWG,fas-dpd test kit. BBB

3. Back To Top    #3

I just installed these last weekend on my 16' x 32' Intex, makes it so much easier getting in and out for us as well as our dogs who want to go for a swim.

4. Back To Top    #4

limeysgrl,

Thank you so much for responding!! Did you attach yours to a deck? I think we may need to modify our deck so the stairs stick out further into the pool, avoiding the bottom curve of the pool.

Do you have a pic?
    NEW POOL : 9 x 18, 48" deep - Bestway brand, 1 HP Intex 3200 Pump/Sand Filter Combo, Wanda the Whale, Hayward through wall skimmer (still in box)
    OLD POOL 5,100 Gallons, 9 x 19 used Splash a Round, Intex SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward Power Flow LX pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 150 sq. ft. filter, hard plumbed, Wanda the Whale,

5. Back To Top    #5

I did but had to make a lil raised deck with 2 x 6 and deck boards.I cant get pics right now.sorry

6. Back To Top    #6

meganv,

I did attach them to our deck, I will try and remember to take a pic this weekend. Our deck edge is over the edge of the top rail of the pool, so the back of the step handrails butt-up against the edge of the deck, and with the cut out at the back of the steps, they sit flush on the bottom of the pool. I also had some leftover thick rubber mats that I cut up and placed under the bottom of each side of the steps, so they didn't rub on the pool bottom. The only problem I had was getting them to sink in the pool even though I had added the sand that was required to weight them down.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks! I just ordered these :http://www.amazon.com/Pool-Above-Gro...ave+pool+steps

It has the same basic design as the confer steps, but without the two month waiting period. Not sure why, but Amazon has a 1-2 month wait prior to shipping the confer steps. The blue wave steps have great reviews as well, and are the same price, so I bit the bullet and ordered.

I also bought a pool pad to put under (thanks for the tip!!)

I'll post pics once we get them and install them.

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks like the same one i have.My deck is a lil lower than top rail and had to put a raised step to attach too.