Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intelliflo 220 wiring to an easytouch 8

1. Back To Top    #1

intelliflo 220 wiring to an easytouch 8

I have the easytouch 8 and the intelliflo vs. Can the pump's 220 be wired into the load center as an available 20 amp breaker or should it run back to the main panel as a stand alone run.

IMPORTANT: When connecting the pump to an automation system (IntelliTouch, EasyTouch,
    SunTouch and IntelliComm), continuous power must be supplied to the pump by connecting it
    directly to the circuit breaker. When using an automation system, be sure that no other lights
    or appliances are on the same circuit.

Does this mean a dedicated breaker in the load center? I am pretty sure that this is the purpose of the 150 amp capacity but want to make sure.
    13000, AG, Plaster, Pentair equipment pump salt, automation, 3hp pump, 11 years old, TF-100 test kit, city water, pool cleaner vac, South Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intelliflo 220 wiring to an easytouch 8

Yes you can use a double pole breaker in the loadcenter to power the Intelliflo.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Is that a home depot purchasable breaker or a special pentair one?
    13000, AG, Plaster, Pentair equipment pump salt, automation, 3hp pump, 11 years old, TF-100 test kit, city water, pool cleaner vac, South Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

You can find them at Home Depot, though I forget which style it is you look for. Note exactly how one of your current breakers looks and find the matching series at Home Depot.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't have any easytouch breakers to compare to. I don't think it comes with any do they?

6. Back To Top    #6

Check inside the power center cover. I believe there is a breaker compatibility list there.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School