Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best Place to Start

1. Back To Top    #1

North Western NC

Best Place to Start

Used the 3" pucks last year and had the water tested at the local pool store. Found this website and after reading I realized there is a better way. Bought a Taylor K-2006 and wanting to know where to go from here:

FC - 9.5
    CC - 0
    pH - 7.0
    TA - 30
    CH - 40
    CYA - 65

I found some visible algae about 4 days ago and shocked the pool with several pounds of calcium hypochlorite that I had left over from last year. This was before I read the shocking instructions listed on this site. The FC level has dropped from 15 to 9.5 in 3 days. The water is currently clear and I want to become a BBB convert but wondering where to best start. Thanks in advance for your advice.
    20k gal, IG vinyl, 1 HP Hayward pump, Hayward 200# sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Best Place to Start

Adjust pH and TA with Borax and Baking Soda. can crunch the numbers for you.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!