Question about laying the foam

Jul 1, 2013
Hello, new member here, but have been reading this forum for a few weeks now. So far I've learned a lot and it has helped me get to where I am.

I recently purchased an 18x42 intex ultra. The ground has been leveled, assembled the top ring and set 12x12 pavers. I bought 3/4" extruded polystyrene foam, and I'm at the point now where I'm ready to lay and tape it, but I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to.

About 2/3 of my pool will be slightly below grade, by about 3-4 inches. I'm wondering if I can lay all the foam out in a different part of the yard, reassemble the top ring and trace it out on the foam. Then cut the foam, and lay and tape it where the pool will be? This would save me from having to dig out more around the pool to lay it all flat, just to cut it after the pool is up and have to fill it back in. The plan, if it would work, would be to attach something to hold a sharpie an inch or two away from the ring to make the foam slightly larger.

Would this work, or would I be asking for trouble?

Thanks Bama. I'm thinking I'll cut a small piece of foam and contour it to fit the rounded edge of the ring, and pop a hole to hold the sharpie snug as to get even spacing. may even go 5-6" bigger than the ring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.