Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: doing thorough cleaning of Hayward de 4820

1. Back To Top    #1

doing thorough cleaning of Hayward de 4820

How much dilution of tsp and then ma for a good soaking and cleaning a Hayward de 4820 in a 40 gallon garbage can. I cant find a wag for dilution anywhere?

Thanks,

R
    13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,
    TF-100 Test Kit, Seminole, West Central Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: doing thorough cleaning of Hayward de 4820

I used cascade dishwasher detergent. A full box in a 32 gallon bin and let it soak for about 16 hrs rinsed them off then soaked in acid bath 1 gallon of 31% muriatic acid in 32 gallons of water let that soak for about an hour while occasionally pulling them out and brushing with a little hand broom(the type used with dustpans) then rinsed them off for a min or two each one and reinstalled in filter houseing
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

3. Back To Top    #3

Have you read the "use and care of DE filters" article in the further reading section of Pool School? It talks about the dilution amounts.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes sir it shows the MA dilution 10 to 1 but says "add some" TSP, I don't know what some is, just dump a ****load in water and let soak?

Edited by mod for language. Tsk tsk. Jblizzle
    13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,
    TF-100 Test Kit, Seminole, West Central Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

I was told 1 cup detergent per 5 gallons of water by a helpful member here at TFP
    Nathan
    15x30 gunite 18k gallons Hayward star clear plus 120sqft cart

6. Back To Top    #6

I thought there was some discussion about the amount of soap in the most recent posts of that thread ... we likely need to update that to be more clear.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!