Help Please!

Mar 10, 2011
My wife is not happy with the cloudy water and let's me know daily! A little background: went on vacation for a week and had a friend watch the pool, when we got home it looked as bad as it ever has, green pond looking. Dumped bleach in and it began to clear up. Now I am 2 weeks in and here are my numbers to my cloudy pool:
FC 7
CYA 70
TA 80
PH 7.6
Salt 3100

I am running the pump about 8 to 9 hours and can't clear it up. Help save my marriage! Ha!

You likely have just not kept the FC high enough for long enough. Especially with CYA 70. That's good for having a SWG, but it takes more FC to do the job. You need to complete a shock process until all criteria are met. If you read "how to shock your pool: It will tell you about all that. It would also be good to see your CH and CC numbers as well.

So based on the shock procedure, i am supposed to hit a FC of 28, am I reading that correctly? I guess I need some more bleach about 6 gallons or so? How is that going to affect the CYA, PH, and TA?

Conehead said:
So based on the shock procedure, i am supposed to hit a FC of 28, am I reading that correctly? I guess I need some more bleach about 6 gallons or so? How is that going to affect the CYA, PH, and TA?
Not hit, maintain an FC of 28 til the process is done. If you have active algae you will need more than 6 gallons. It will not affect CYA or TA, pH will probably rise a bit but you can't accurately test while shocking.

After you get it under control you will just need patience while the dead algae filters out. Run it non-stop til it is cleared. Been there, the wait that seems to never end, but it will clear up if done right.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.