semi in ground or in ground

volito

Mar 4, 2011
originally wanted to go with gunite set up but changed our minds as the investment in this home wouldn't be a great return value. love the looks and reviews on them but maybe next house :)

Anyway been researching semi in ground or in-ground lets say a framed wall design not fiberglass. First question will be is there a big price difference in semi in ground compared to in ground? I see from gunite to paneled wall design is half the price....I was quoted on the gunite at 50k from few that are called the top in the industry. I do have plenty of room in yard and an existing large deck so I can add design to existing deck or place somewhere else..Designing is another story very confusing :)

agree with some post on here not much talk on semi in ground so was wondering if there is a big price difference other then digging?

ty

woodyp said:
There are several brands of above ground pools that will allow in their warranty to be either partially or fully buried as well. WARRANTY being the key word here.

Yes get to warranty shortly lol.....just curious if semi in ground pools are much less of cost then an in-ground ?"besides dig cost" looking to cap budget at 20k instead of the original 50k "gunite"...Like the look and finish of semi more of and in-ground look

thinking starting point of semi or in-ground...then design..then equipment....

TY..

Brushpup said:
Much, much cheaper. If you want some sticker shock, just call out a reputable pool builder. That said, there is nothing to my mind to take the place of a nice IG pool.

had two here for gunite had the shock of 50k looking to go to 20k "finished project".....Love IG look but have a existing deck so might just add to it and doing a semi in-ground for the decor look.... Very confusing designing a pool and landscaping...might have to call one in for pricing of IG or semi liner pool...

ty again all for responses...

Isaac-1 said:
One thing to keep in mind is what sort of depth profile do you want in a pool, most buried above ground / semi- in grounds are going to be flat bottom pools.

Ike

interesting ! but cool for me where looking for one depth for our family and needs. Just looking to get most bang for our buck at max 20k...50k is just over kill for area and house...Saying that do want quality equipment and build! Just curious on a rectangle say 5 foot deep 17' x 40' with all equipment either semi or IG 20k is a good budget correct?

we where priced 45 to 50k on a 600 sq ft gunite with 3ft stamped colored concrete deck and a back wall with small water fall, heater, filters, basic cover "average stuff" .....So I am thinking this new plan will be around 20k "hopefully"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.