Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: semi in ground or in ground

1. Back To Top    #1

semi in ground or in ground

originally wanted to go with gunite set up but changed our minds as the investment in this home wouldn't be a great return value. love the looks and reviews on them but maybe next house

Anyway been researching semi in ground or in-ground lets say a framed wall design not fiberglass. First question will be is there a big price difference in semi in ground compared to in ground? I see from gunite to paneled wall design is half the price....I was quoted on the gunite at 50k from few that are called the top in the industry. I do have plenty of room in yard and an existing large deck so I can add design to existing deck or place somewhere else..Designing is another story very confusing

agree with some post on here not much talk on semi in ground so was wondering if there is a big price difference other then digging?

ty
    30,000gal partially in-ground concrete/plaster infinity edge pool with custom solid cover. 1.5HP Jandy ePump, thermapool insulation, 2x25gm/hr Pacific Ozone SGC22 oxygen concentrating ozonators, cartridge filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: semi in ground or in ground

There are several brands of above ground pools that will allow in their warranty to be either partially or fully buried as well. WARRANTY being the key word here.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    There are several brands of above ground pools that will allow in their warranty to be either partially or fully buried as well. WARRANTY being the key word here.
    Yes get to warranty shortly lol.....just curious if semi in ground pools are much less of cost then an in-ground ?"besides dig cost" looking to cap budget at 20k instead of the original 50k "gunite"...Like the look and finish of semi more of and in-ground look

thinking starting point of semi or in-ground...then design..then equipment....

TY..
    30,000gal partially in-ground concrete/plaster infinity edge pool with custom solid cover. 1.5HP Jandy ePump, thermapool insulation, 2x25gm/hr Pacific Ozone SGC22 oxygen concentrating ozonators, cartridge filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Much, much cheaper. If you want some sticker shock, just call out a reputable pool builder. That said, there is nothing to my mind to take the place of a nice IG pool.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpup
    Much, much cheaper. If you want some sticker shock, just call out a reputable pool builder. That said, there is nothing to my mind to take the place of a nice IG pool.

had two here for gunite had the shock of 50k looking to go to 20k "finished project".....Love IG look but have a existing deck so might just add to it and doing a semi in-ground for the decor look.... Very confusing designing a pool and landscaping...might have to call one in for pricing of IG or semi liner pool...

ty again all for responses...

6. Back To Top    #6

One thing to keep in mind is what sort of depth profile do you want in a pool, most buried above ground / semi- in grounds are going to be flat bottom pools.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

in ground vinyl lined pools are significantly less than gunite. Get some quotes on that and see where to go.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1
    One thing to keep in mind is what sort of depth profile do you want in a pool, most buried above ground / semi- in grounds are going to be flat bottom pools.

Ike

interesting ! but cool for me where looking for one depth for our family and needs. Just looking to get most bang for our buck at max 20k...50k is just over kill for area and house...Saying that do want quality equipment and build! Just curious on a rectangle say 5 foot deep 17' x 40' with all equipment either semi or IG 20k is a good budget correct?

we where priced 45 to 50k on a 600 sq ft gunite with 3ft stamped colored concrete deck and a back wall with small water fall, heater, filters, basic cover "average stuff" .....So I am thinking this new plan will be around 20k "hopefully"