Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: moving pool...leveling options

1. Back To Top    #1

moving pool...leveling options

Since we are moving our pool we are starting over on leveling the ground. Tedious, and summer may well be done by the time we are but I wanted opinions on how people have leveled their ground. Does anyone suggest a laser level, water level etc? Our last setup was about 2 inches off and that was using a standard bubble level and a 2 x 4. Which I would like something more accurate this time around. Also, another question. When you use patio blocks under the legs, these should be under the tarp or on top of it? Or lift up the tarp at each leg and sit it directly on the block? Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!
    Intex Ultra-Frame 26x52 AGP (14,650 gal.)
    Intex Pump & Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: moving pool...leveling options

I used basically everything

When I had the untouch ground, I used a water level. I then used a bobcat to do the rough cuts of earth removal.

After that, I used the transit to give me a good starting point. The majority of the work was done using a 12 ft 2x4 leveling out 3 circles (we have an 18x30).

The final checks for where the track will go was done with a transit all around the perimiter.

Leveling took FOR EVER. Whenever I was ready to give up and say it was good enough and start building the pool, I'd stop for the night and start fresh the next day
    15x30 SWG AGP, 1HP Pump
    8x20 Solar Heating

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't have access to a transit. And live in a very small town so renting one isn't an option either. Since we came to within two inches of level before with just the 2x4 method, would using a water level help to get even closer once the initial dig is close to done?
    Intex Ultra-Frame 26x52 AGP (14,650 gal.)
    Intex Pump & Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by tookiesmom07
    I don't have access to a transit. And live in a very small town so renting one isn't an option either. Since we came to within two inches of level before with just the 2x4 method, would using a water level help to get even closer once the initial dig is close to done?
    Yes.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!