Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FROGS

1. Back To Top    #1

FROGS

Someone please tell me how to get rid of frogs!!!! We have a new inground pool and there are frogs everywhere in my yard and skimmer!!!
    16 x 32 rectangular, 21K,IGvinyl, 1.5HP Sand Dollar Pentair superflo high performance pump, Pentair IC20 intellichlor chlorine generator, LED intellibrite 5g light, Raypak Heater 335,000 BTU

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: FROGS

Frogs or Toads? I remove probably 200 or so from my pool annually. If there is an anti-toad/frog device out there, I haven't found it.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Get one of these?

25,000 Gallons Inground, Gunite
    DE, Hayward Filter
    Loud pump
    Hayward navigator cleaner, leaf hose suction

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

But they eat bugs....that's a good thing. We have lizards everywhere too. Hubby saw one eating a horsefly yesterday so now the are my welcome guests.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html

5. Back To Top    #5

http://www.froglog.us/

These seem to help. One in front of each skimmer.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

I bought something called a "critter skimmer" on amazon and it's amazing. Basically you replace your skimmer lid with this one, that has a little frog sized hole on top with a spiral ramp below, leading down from the hole into your skimmer. Anyone who ends up in your skimmer just climbs up the ramp and hops away. I haven't actually SEEN any frogs climbing out, but I have not found one frog in my pool since I started using it over a month ago. I thought it was much better looking than that frog log thing, what an eye sore. Cons are that there are still plenty of beetles and a few nasty spiders in there, ew. But I'm glad to be saving some frogs.
    18Kgallon IG vinyl liner
    Hayward DE 4820 filter
    Baltimore MD in full sun til 5pm
    plenty of leafy trees around : )

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, the frog logs aren't pretty. And I don't currently have frog logs because our new puppy ate them! So, the ramp idea is looking pretty good!

I can make the same statement that when I had frog logs they did work, I never found a frog in the pool. Now that I have no frog logs I have fished out 2 frogs and a snake!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Yeah the frog logs would never have lasted in our pool either-- my 3-year-old son has too much fun walking around the perimeter of the pool and throwing things in for his sister to retrieve! I knew the second I saw that design they'd never stay put.
    18Kgallon IG vinyl liner
    Hayward DE 4820 filter
    Baltimore MD in full sun til 5pm
    plenty of leafy trees around : )

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by weird_tolkienish_f
    Get one of these?

Hehe. That boy aint right.
    18,000 Gallon Aboveground. Sand Filter with 2HP 2 speed Pump.