Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mermaids in our pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Mermaids in our pool

I couldn't find an appropriate place to post this, but wanted to share something super fun for the pool. For experienced swimmers only, of course. It is amazing how fast she can swim in this. We have a mono-fin (without the fabric covering) that adults use. It is a ferocious ab workout.

Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mermaids in our pool

That is cool. I'll have to search youtube for a vieo - never seen it before.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

3. Back To Top    #3

Where did you get that...my daughter would love it!
    24,000 20x42 double roman end in ground pool being built. Start date june13, 2012.
    Finished July 4th, 2012, sports pool, vinyl,SWG, DE filter, fountains. Heat pump,
    First Pool Ever!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Very intereting.

Hey, cornflakes, who is responsible for that crystal clear water? (I'm pretty sure I know, but thought you might like to tell us. )
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP and the BM method. Bleach and Muriatic Acid. Wait, maybe the 'BM' is why no one wants to hear how I keep my pool crystal clear!! It is amazing how easy it was once I finally understood water chemistry. In fact, it is second nature to me now. I can usually guess exactly what and how much needs to be added to the water. Thanks TFP!!!!!

Blessedwithfivekids: I bought the fin on amazon and made the skin. My older daughter has the adult fin and I made a skin for her too. It looks super cool in the pool.
    Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by 8corneflakes
    TFP and the BM method. Bleach and Muriatic Acid. Wait, maybe the 'BM' is why no one wants to hear how I keep my pool crystal clear!! It is amazing how easy it was once I finally understood water chemistry. In fact, it is second nature to me now. I can usually guess exactly what and how much needs to be added to the water. Thanks TFP!!!!!

and

Blessedwithfivekids: I bought the fin on amazon and made the skin. My older daughter has the adult fin and I made a skin for her too. It looks super cool in the pool.

That's a beautiful mermaid in your pool

What type fabric did you use for the skin?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

just swimsuit material
    Theresa and/or Gary

8. Back To Top    #8

We just got one of those for my neice, custom maid in Canada ..
    I will post the link, later .. They run around 300 bucks ..
    Sean Hannon
    30,000 Gallons gunite pool Coated by Fibertech
    Hayward Pro Grid 72 / Hayward multiport
    Circupool V3 VS pump
    CirCupool SWG RJ 60, 400.000 btu raypak , Built in SPA

9. Back To Top    #9

our neighbor girl had one that she wanted repaired. I repaired it, then made one for my daughter with scraps in 20 minutes. I've seen then online, but never under $200. the one pictured here is actually the 4th one I've made. The skins only last about a season and a half due to the bleach and sun. the mono fin is the expensive part, but they last forever if you don't leave them at the bottom of the pool all year.
    Theresa and/or Gary

10. Back To Top    #10

That is really cool!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

11. Back To Top    #11

What a cute mermaid!
    Intex 15'x48" AG metal frame pool (4,440 gal), Krystal Clear (1600) 14" sand filter, Taylor K2006 test kit, Intex Deluxe Maintenance Kit/vacuum (love it!), Intex Deluxe Skimmer, BBB.