New pool owner and I have not yet purchased a good test kit. I only have a cheap chlorine and ph tester (using red and yellow drops) and I have those 4 in one test strips. Had some early signs of algae that was sprawling across the floor and a bit up the sides. Pool store had me put 15 litres of 10.3% liquid chlorine to shock the pool and attack algae.. According to their water test CYA was 81ppm in an 83000 litre pool. The water was a bit cloudy. I vacuumed and scrubbed until there were no traces of algae. I added the chlorine Friday night. Saturday morning to my surprise the water was crystal clear. There were a few pockets of clumped algae as opposed to sprawling along the floor and walls. I assumed it was dead algae. I vacuumed again (to waste not through filter) and all seems fine. Added water as vacuuming to waste took a lot of water out of the pool.
This evening I notice a much slower growth of the same brown/orange along two vinyl seems along the bottom. I vacuumed it up. A few hours later Small traces are back at the seems.
I have very basic testing available but the strips tells me FC is through the roof and the drops testers show neon yellow. I cant get to the store for another test (theirs is still better than what I have). Should I shock again or will the high chlorine keep attacking the algae? I am nervous of adding more chlorine. Will it hurt my liner and/or equipment.