Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Forum search has become "google search"?

1. Back To Top    #1

Forum search has become "google search"?

Confused?.....

I've just returned from a week at summer camp with the Boy Scouts to a green pool.
    Having recently discovered this forum and the Pool School the green pool is not my problem, I'm fairly confident I can now fix that....

But... with all the torrential rain we've been having my CYA has dropped so much I wanted to search the forum to find a good recommended source.

Only to discover that the regular forum "search" in the top right hand corner, has turned into "google search"!

I tried using it and it leaves the forum and opens a google window. That said, all the results were from within the forum. I'm a little confused as to what is happening.
    My browser is Firefox.
    Is this a deliberate developer action or is google taking over my desktop?

Thank you.
    ~Ruth
    26,000 gal (38'x18') / IG Vinyl outdoor / Filter: Hayward S244T (Sand, 62GPM) / Pump: AO Smith USQ1102 (1 HP).
    History: House purchased with pool Dec 2012. Pool built c.1979 (wooden frame); Current liner needs replacing, age unknown. Pump age unknown. Filter ~2011?
    Completed Pool School: June 2013, with many thanks. Test kit: TF-100. Water source: Deep well pH 7.8, TA 90, CH 80 (and plenty of GA rain!).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Forum search has become "google search"?

Looks like it's been incorporated into the website.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

The google search box used to be at the lower left of each page. JasonLion just moved it up to a more prominent spot. The old search is still down at the lower left if you want to use it, but imo the google search is a much better search tool.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you
    I've gone from "confused" to "enlightened" - a preferable and happier state.
    Now to work on my 'shocking' in line with linen's signature.....
    ~Ruth
    26,000 gal (38'x18') / IG Vinyl outdoor / Filter: Hayward S244T (Sand, 62GPM) / Pump: AO Smith USQ1102 (1 HP).
    History: House purchased with pool Dec 2012. Pool built c.1979 (wooden frame); Current liner needs replacing, age unknown. Pump age unknown. Filter ~2011?
    Completed Pool School: June 2013, with many thanks. Test kit: TF-100. Water source: Deep well pH 7.8, TA 90, CH 80 (and plenty of GA rain!).