Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opinions on ABG's and design

1. Back To Top    #1

Opinions on ABG's and design

Ok so hubby and I have been talking. We decided that next year we should consider getting a bigger pool I have only had 2 Intex pools (one blow up and now the 14ft one) so bear that in mind

Of course I have read tons on here over and over again.. but I still have NO IDEA one pool from the next, decking etc... here is what we know we want (but can always change )

1. We want a deep end - we like to swim.. a lot.
    2. I am debating on partial bury or leaving above...
    3. I do want decking around but not real sure if I like the idea of elevated decking around my back yard.
    4. I would have to have electrical ran out to a spot (my guess) and create an area there for stuff to go

While I am more of the DIY, hubby not so much lol Of course the testosterone hit with the mention of excavating and a bobcat and I could feel my nerves already start.

After a search, it appears I am limited in pool places so if anyone knows anything that would be great. I attached what I drew out and the measurements should be to scale and pretty accurate. It does not depict the whole yard just the portion we would be using. Please feel free to post thoughts or suggestions.. I am open to anything.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Christina
    ~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method
    POOL SCHOOL, ABC'S of WATER CHEMISTRY, POOL MATH, SUPPORT TFP!!, TEST KIT!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opinions on ABG's and design

1. We want a deep end - we like to swim.. a lot. << I think I would enjoy a deep end but my pool is a little small. A dished bottom might have been nice
    2. I am debating on partial bury or leaving above... << I am not sure all makers allow for a partial or full burial. Doughboy does.
    3. I do want decking around but not real sure if I like the idea of elevated decking around my back yard. << I didn't want my decking at the level of the pool, I added my decking about a foot above the main yard and about 36 inches below the top rail. I like it. I did add a higher deck in the corner behind the tree that is only about 8 feet wide. Photos below.
    4. I would have to have electrical ran out to a spot (my guess) and create an area there for stuff to go << I have not done this yet but plans in are in the works. I have two cinderblocks under my pump and filter. Have worked great for almost 10 years. I would recommend doing it during your install. I wish i added something "waterproof" under my skimmer to handle the water that spills out of it. It washes out the landscaping and mulch.

-- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100