Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've got some pH reducer that I bought (and never used) in my very last pool store trip which I subsequently realized (thanks to TFP) wasn't good for my pool. But my in-laws have a hot tub and I was wondering if it could work for them? They use chlorine in their tub and the pH reducer container says it "lowers pH of swimming pool water". Is it safe to use in their hot tub?

doncaruana said:
I've got some pH reducer that I bought (and never used) in my very last pool store trip which I subsequently realized (thanks to TFP) wasn't good for my pool. But my in-laws have a hot tub and I was wondering if it could work for them? They use chlorine in their tub and the pH reducer container says it "lowers pH of swimming pool water". Is it safe to use in their hot tub?
What's the label say is in it? Or can you post the exact name and brand?

Odds are it's just dry acid packaged fancy and given a new name.

It's Haviland pH Reducer.In the upper right corner of the label it says "Balancer" but I'll be darned if I can find anything actually stating what's in it. I haven't opened it yet, but it sounds like dry powder when I shake it. From Haviland's site, all I got was "Dry granular product for lowering the pH of pool water.
Increases chlorine's ability to kill algae"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.