So I've been treating for algae for some time now and the pool is just not clearing up. How long am I supposed to keep it at shock level before it will clear up?!?! I'm ready to just say forget it, cover it up and leave it forever. My kids are devastated because I can't get it clear for them.
My CYA is at 30 (I use the Tf-100 test kit). Been steadily shocking at 12. Have probably bought between 50-75 containers of bleach and its just a foggy bluish color. The green went away quickly, but the pretty cloudy blue remains. Have brushed, done backwashes, brushed some more, shocked some more and it still remains cloudy. Ph is at about 7.6 or so.
What else can I do???? I work during the week so I can't maintain it during the week at all. I only have Sat/Sun but I've been doing this for at least 2.5months now. Granted a large chunk of that was me trying to get the CYA level up, but now it's readable and it doesn't seem to make any difference that i check it every half hour-hour and re-add more bleach. Eventually the work week is back and it gets back to zero. I feel like all the money I've spent so far has been pointless.
I really need help.