Just back from vacation & pool looks great!

DaveNC

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2013
NC
We just returned from a week long trip after I just got our pool straightened out on the BBB method and was worried that I would have to clean it up again, but it looks great! I "cheated" a little and put a few tabs in the chlorinator since my CYA was only about 40, and had my father-in-law come over twice to pour some bleach into it, but we have had a lot of rain here while I was gone and I was afraid it wouldn't be enough. But I was pleasantly surprised when I looked out and saw crystal clear water. There's some dirt in it because the water level was above the skimmer opening from all the rain, but the FC is at 4 with no CC and the CYA is still around 40. I just added a couple bottles of bleach and threw the Dolphin in. :-D

I'm so glad I found this site! Last year we returned to a green swamp after being gone for 10 days. This year we'll be swimming the day we returned. :party:

Dave

Richard320 said:
If you checked the water within five minutes of getting home, that's it. You're officially a pool snob now.

I guess I have a little ways to go. It was a few hours before I actually tested it. But I did go out to look at it as soon as I got home. :)

Dave

DaveNC said:
Richard320 said:
If you checked the water within five minutes of getting home, that's it. You're officially a pool snob now.

I guess I have a little ways to go. It was a few hours before I actually tested it. But I did go out to look at it as soon as I got home. :)

Dave
No, actually, you're there. I didn't mean test, but check to see if it was clear. And you did. :lol:

Us too! Just got back from 4 day vacation and checked the pool first thing to make sure pump was running, water looked good and the level was not too high after the rain. That was at 12:30 AM this morning. :mrgreen:
I had put in 3 pucks before we left to keep the water clear since CYA was 30. Tested this morning and levels are all good. CYA at 40.
Pool snob and proud of it! LOL :party:
Welcome to the club Dave. :goodjob:

20130702_203221.jpg

I got back from my 8 day trip and one of the first things I did was look at the pool (and scoop up a handful for the feel and smell test). i did have a lot of crepe on the top but the PoolSkim solved that.

My testing was later, closer to dark.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.