Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just back from vacation & pool looks great!

1. Back To Top    #1

Just back from vacation & pool looks great!

We just returned from a week long trip after I just got our pool straightened out on the BBB method and was worried that I would have to clean it up again, but it looks great! I "cheated" a little and put a few tabs in the chlorinator since my CYA was only about 40, and had my father-in-law come over twice to pour some bleach into it, but we have had a lot of rain here while I was gone and I was afraid it wouldn't be enough. But I was pleasantly surprised when I looked out and saw crystal clear water. There's some dirt in it because the water level was above the skimmer opening from all the rain, but the FC is at 4 with no CC and the CYA is still around 40. I just added a couple bottles of bleach and threw the Dolphin in.

I'm so glad I found this site! Last year we returned to a green swamp after being gone for 10 days. This year we'll be swimming the day we returned.

Dave
    32K gallon, 20x40 vinyl IG. Liner replaced 5/2010. Hayward SuperPump 1HP single speed running 24/7,Hayward CL-200 in-line chlorinator. Hayward S244T sand filter (new sand 5/2013). Dolphin Diagnostic cleaner. Taylor K2006 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just back from vacation & pool looks great!

If you checked the water within five minutes of getting home, that's it. You're officially a pool snob now.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    If you checked the water within five minutes of getting home, that's it. You're officially a pool snob now.
    I guess I have a little ways to go. It was a few hours before I actually tested it. But I did go out to look at it as soon as I got home.

Dave
    32K gallon, 20x40 vinyl IG. Liner replaced 5/2010. Hayward SuperPump 1HP single speed running 24/7,Hayward CL-200 in-line chlorinator. Hayward S244T sand filter (new sand 5/2013). Dolphin Diagnostic cleaner. Taylor K2006 Test Kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Good job!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNC
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    I guess I have a little ways to go. It was a few hours before I actually tested it. But I did go out to look at it as soon as I got home.

Dave
    No, actually, you're there. I didn't mean test, but check to see if it was clear. And you did.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Us too! Just got back from 4 day vacation and checked the pool first thing to make sure pump was running, water looked good and the level was not too high after the rain. That was at 12:30 AM this morning.
    I had put in 3 pucks before we left to keep the water clear since CYA was 30. Tested this morning and levels are all good. CYA at 40.
    Pool snob and proud of it! LOL
    Welcome to the club Dave.
    16 x 28 Doughboy Mystic Garden AGP with 7' deep end (used expandable vinyl liner) ~11,800 gals. Deep end main drain. Thru-the-wall skimmer, one return at deep end. Media Master 150# sand filter. Doughboy PowerPak II pump, 1 hp. Pentair MinimaxCH 150m natural gas heater. Polaris 65 when it feels like working . TF-100 test kit. No longer 'pool stored' 5 years and counting. In sunny but fickle metro-Detroit.

7. Back To Top    #7

I got back from my 8 day trip and one of the first things I did was look at the pool (and scoop up a handful for the feel and smell test). i did have a lot of crepe on the top but the PoolSkim solved that.

My testing was later, closer to dark.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by mariane
    Pool snob and proud of it!
    That's gotta be the next TFP t-shirt!
    15,000 gal, IG, Vinyl
    Cartridge Filter: Hayward C12002, 120 GPM
    Pump: 1.5 hp, Flotec AT251501-01
    TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

I also returned after 5 days away to a clear, clean pool...upped fc to shock level, covered with solar cover and set on timer. Feel much at ease when next week long trip rolls up in two weeks...thank you TFP!
    13,900gal 24'x52" Backyard Leisure Heritage AGP
    20ml All Swirl Flat Liner
    Pentair 1.5hp Pump and 150# Sand Filter System
    Smart Step Ladder w/Smart Light
    TF100 test kit, BBB Baby!

10. Back To Top    #10

Same here , clean pool
    Sean Hannon
    30,000 Gallons gunite pool Coated by Fibertech
    Hayward Pro Grid 72 / Hayward multiport
    Circupool V3 VS pump
    CirCupool SWG RJ 60, 400.000 btu raypak , Built in SPA