replace heyward superpump

squire

Jul 6, 2013
looking to change heyward 2hp superpump which went bad after 7 years. was going to replace with another heyward until i started reading up on vs pumps and in particular the pentair series. can you recomend anything. i have a 18x36 inground with a 12x15 L attached vinyl liner.pool was built 7 years ago. i also have a 4 person spillover hottub attached with a seperate heyward 2hp superpump for it and a Heyward DE 4820 filter.

Welcome to tfp, squire :wave:

Pentair only has intelliflo vs pump afaik. This pump is really too large for most residential applications where there are not high volume water features. Hayward has just started selling smaller vs pumps (superpump vs and max-flo vs) which might be better fits for you.

If it is just your motor that has gone bad, you could look at replacing it with a 2-speed motor much cheaper then buying a new pump.

thank you. one other question please, i have a small amount of air bubbles coming out of 2 of my 6 return lines going into the pool .any idea what causes this and would that contribute to my hetward pump failing ?

squire said:
thank you. one other question please, i have a small amount of air bubbles coming out of 2 of my 6 return lines going into the pool .any idea what causes this and would that contribute to my hetward pump failing ?

I've got the Hayward VS SuperPump on the pool and really enjoy it. While it does cost more than just replacing with a 2speed motor, the ability to select the exact flow-rate and the length of time each setting is ran is nice.

As for the bubbles.....sounds like maybe an air leak in the suction side of the motor??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.