Newbie pulling out her hair.

Jul 4, 2013
New Orleans, LA
First, thank you for having this site and for all the help you've given. I truly appreciate it.

I have small worms in my pool. In the water they look brownish but when taken out they look clear. I also had a few round clear "eggs" I'm guessing. I thought mosquito larvae but don't look quite the same. The "eggs" have me totally stumped. I'm wondering if anyone might know what they are.

My saltwater pump died two days ago (two weeks past the warranty of course). I put some bleach in the water to help the chlorine level. I've also been covering it. I'll probably have to drain the pool again by the time I get my new system. Ugh. What else can I do until then? I hate to have to put chemicals but I will if that's the only option.

I have an Intex 18 x 10 oval easy set above ground pool. It holds roughly 2885 gallons. I run a Krystal Clear Filter Pump model 635T. I had a Krystal Clear Saltwater System model CS8110 until two days ago. I ordered an Intex Ozone Saltwater Sanitizing System hoping it might work better.

I live in New Orleans, Louisiana so it is HOT!!! The pool is for my granddaughter who is a fish :-D but I'm scared to let her swim if the water is not perfect. I don't want her getting sick or swimming with larvae. YUCK!

Just fish out what you can and then maintain proper FC level with bleach until you replace the SWG. On a daily basis I might add. Good news is..........Perfect Water.......has a "range" it can be within. Enough FC will take care of most of your problems with your visitors. Welcome!