Intex 2650 Motor Inlet O-Ring

spoton

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2013
Hello Pumping Station! I can't keep my pump primed and am getting air in the pre-pump basket. I'm sure its the motor inlet o-rings that are junk as they have expanded over time and I'm trying to use ill fitting replacements. Intex HQ does are out of stock of these o-rings (part #11457, qty. 2), so I come to the TFP seeking knowledge of what size o-rings these are? I took the two old ones to our local farm hydraulic/power store and bought the closest ones they had. I maybe get 6 more seconds of pump flow before it subsides to a slow spittle. I've used the search feature and did not see a similar post but I hope the answer is out there. Intex HQ said they hope to have them in back in two weeks! Uhm, that's most of my short N. MN summer (almost)! He did try to be helpful and told me the ID of the o-ring is +- 2 inches and diameter of the ring is 2 mm - 3 mm. But that leads a lot of room in the o-ring world as I'm learning.
Thanks for your time!

tldr: looking for the specs on the o-rings I need for the motor inlet (Intex part #11457, qty. 2) so I can order/find them else where.

I just happened to have an o-ring sitting by my computer, from a pump inlet. According to my digital caliper, the cross section ranges from 2.8 mm to 3.2 mm. well within measuring tolerances....not easy to measure a rubber component, due to pliability.

40 mm outside diameter x 3 mm cross section.

Look for a small split in your suction hose, or at the pool wall. that is just as likely to be introducing the air to your system.

Wow! That is awesome! Thank you for owning a caliper and having the o-ring. I will keep looking for leaks. I'm crossing fingers however that replacing these will fix the prime. Thank you for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.