Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool was drained while on vacation

1. Back To Top    #1

pool was drained while on vacation

So I went on vacation and before I left I was draining down and refilling my 19,400 gl inground vinyl lined pool. I returned tonight to find that the person watching my house plugged in the pump I was using before I left and completely drained the pool! The liner looks alright, but is loose in the corners. Is it a lost cause? Any comments welcome.
    19,400 gl IG vinyl, 1 HP Whisperflo pump, Pentair tagelus 60 (#325) sand filter, Pentair 320 puck chlorinator ( shut off from now on)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool was drained while on vacation

As long as the liner is not brittle, you might be ok. If it were me, I would not add water just yet. I would pull the liner bead out of the track and use a shop vac to get the liner back in place. You'll have to seal the opening with rags and duct tape. When the liner is back in place, leave the shop vac running, and fill with water. Search youtube for videos on installing a new liner and you will see what I'm talking about. Check this video starting at the 3:20 minute mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0l4nmKi1J0
    Ignore the part about taping up the skimmer, yours is already cut, since it's already been installed.
    16' x 32' IG vinyl liner w/ hopper bottom (12,500 gal), Single-speed 1 HP Sta-Rite pump, and 300# Cristal-Flo sand filter, TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Ned gave you good advice, just follow it and let us know how it goes.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted.
    19,400 gl IG vinyl, 1 HP Whisperflo pump, Pentair tagelus 60 (#325) sand filter, Pentair 320 puck chlorinator ( shut off from now on)