Firecrackers in pool???!!!

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
my wifes family has ran a big fireworks stand since 1982 when her grandfather started it. needless to say for the last 12 years since I met my wife, I help run the stand and ive sold a LOT of fireworks.

we have sold / sell an item made by Black Cat called "Water Dynamite" or more recently renamed "Little Dynamite." its basically a waterproof firecracker that is really loud.

its one of our best sellers since it goes off under water and is cheap. i have always had people make the comment when they buy it about throwing it in their pool. :shock:

to be honest, prior to being a pool owner, i never gave it much thought.

fast forward to the last 3 days, im now a pool owner myself and hence a bit more knowledgeable thanks to this site, and I have over the last 3 days sold a bunch of dynamite to people who state "cool, we have a pool" :shock:

of course im not in the position to tell them what to do with their pool.... so i just say nothing and complete the sale.... :roll:

i cant believe anyone in their right mind would detonate that stuff in their pool. have they not seen the mess that fireworks make? :hammer:

plus im wondering what damage to chemistry and equipment the ingredients would do. i know i would kick someones *** if they threw fireworks im my nice crystal clear pool.... :grrrr:

I would wonder where something like that would be acceptable. Why would it be better to pollute a river or lake? I'd prefer they keep them in their pool ... hope they do not blow out a liner :shock:

I don't know about metals, but my brother in law had some of those water dynamite fire crackers on the 4th, setting them off in a powerade bottle partly filled with water (with the top on they would make the bottle jump about 3-4 feet up in the air), sometimes the lid would come off and the water would be lost. After just one of these fire crackers the water in the bottle would be milk chocolate brown, and after 3 or 4 it would be almost black.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.