Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Firecrackers in pool???!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Firecrackers in pool???!!!

my wifes family has ran a big fireworks stand since 1982 when her grandfather started it. needless to say for the last 12 years since I met my wife, I help run the stand and ive sold a LOT of fireworks.

we have sold / sell an item made by Black Cat called "Water Dynamite" or more recently renamed "Little Dynamite." its basically a waterproof firecracker that is really loud.

its one of our best sellers since it goes off under water and is cheap. i have always had people make the comment when they buy it about throwing it in their pool.

to be honest, prior to being a pool owner, i never gave it much thought.

fast forward to the last 3 days, im now a pool owner myself and hence a bit more knowledgeable thanks to this site, and I have over the last 3 days sold a bunch of dynamite to people who state "cool, we have a pool"

of course im not in the position to tell them what to do with their pool.... so i just say nothing and complete the sale....

i cant believe anyone in their right mind would detonate that stuff in their pool. have they not seen the mess that fireworks make?

plus im wondering what damage to chemistry and equipment the ingredients would do. i know i would kick someones *** if they threw fireworks im my nice crystal clear pool....
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Firecrackers in pool???!!!

That gives a whole new meaning to.."Thar She Blows!"
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    That gives a whole new meaning to.."Thar She Blows!"
    ROFL, my thoughts exactly....
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

4. Back To Top    #4

It kills algae!
    25,000 Gallons Inground, Gunite
    DE, Hayward Filter
    Loud pump
    Hayward navigator cleaner, leaf hose suction

5. Back To Top    #5

It kills algae!
    Do you work for the Local Pool Store?
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

I would wonder where something like that would be acceptable. Why would it be better to pollute a river or lake? I'd prefer they keep them in their pool ... hope they do not blow out a liner
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

I do wonder what metals the fireworks might add to the pool?
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

I don't know about metals, but my brother in law had some of those water dynamite fire crackers on the 4th, setting them off in a powerade bottle partly filled with water (with the top on they would make the bottle jump about 3-4 feet up in the air), sometimes the lid would come off and the water would be lost. After just one of these fire crackers the water in the bottle would be milk chocolate brown, and after 3 or 4 it would be almost black.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~